Sunday, July 8, 2007

I don't call them "Freckles". I like to think of them as "Sunspots"

It seems that I have allowed my readers to wallow in the pain of un-updated agony for too long, a mistake which I shall correct immediately!

Ok, so I'm sure you can ascertain from the style and vocabulary of the title and these sentences that it is not Star, but Loud who is pushing for an update. Will he get one?

This is now Star, and I wonder at the reason Loud would so much want an update when he has just informed me that what I write is not worthy of praise. He tells me I ought to have written a more heartfelt, moving piece on the death of my guider friend. Well to anyone silly enough to waste their time reading such an apparently awful piece, I am sorry my feelings could not be better expressed in my time of sorrow. I shall try harder when I tell the story of my grandmother when I return from spending the week with her, detailing with moving words how horrible it was to deal with her Alzheimer's, perhaps that will warrant some praise! The point of this is to get my feelings out, not to write it in some way that befits a true author, I know I am no such person, my talents, if you could find someone who would be kind enough to call them that, lie elsewhere.
Though I realise it is quite silly of me, I do wish something I did would be good enough to warrant the same praise and talk from Loud that other people's blogs do. I do not expect it to be this, for I am now more then aware of what a complete failure I am at it, but something perhaps like my performances in plays, or my small musical abilities. I admit I am at a loss for what I am good at, but I have never seen myself as good at anything, and it does not help to be with someone whom I can't remember ever boasting about me to someone else, mentioning how brilliant I was in a show, or how nice it was for me to take care of him when he was sick, or spend days looking for things I knew he was trying to find.
And so I come to the conclusion that I must be good at nothing and good for nothing, but when I come to this conclusion, this does not please him either as he then tells me that I sell myself short. What else is a girl supposed to do when it seems that nothing she does is worthy of praise?
If anyone knows the answer, please, let me know.
Here I'll end my awful un-moving post and hope that no one tunes in next time, because goodness knows what a waste of time *that* will be.
Star

1 comment:

Loud said...

Details though they may be, I must inform you of some egregious distortions of my words

I never said that what you write is not worthy of praise, although I have perhaps not given anything on this blog a specific endorsement. It is still young, and when you find your stride I will be there

I did not request that you write a more moving piece, which you make to be a heartless request. What I asked you is why you stopped short of crafting a eulogy. It seems...odd that you would express such misery and then immediately shy away from putting into our minds just what it was you had lost, such that we might better share your pain.

As for your grandmother, I am accompanying you there for the very reason that you will undoubtedly be distraught.

As for your acting talent, which does deserve the name, I encountered a stumbling block when watching your second show: your character spoke in a very loud, presumptuous, and upset or angry manner.

It reminded me too much of how you speak to me sometimes